An Act To Update the Maine HIV Advisory Committee
Be it enacted by the People of the State of Maine as follows:
Sec. 1. 5 MRSA §19202, sub-§1-B, ¶D, as enacted by PL 2009, c. 203, §2 and affected by §8, is amended to read:
D. Prepare and present, in person, an annual report on the status of HIV in the State to the Office of the Governor and the joint standing committee of the Legislature having jurisdiction over health and human services matters by January 31st March 1st of each year.
Sec. 2. 5 MRSA §19202, sub-§2-B, ¶B, as enacted by PL 2009, c. 203, §4 and affected by §8, is repealed and the following enacted in its place:
. The committee shall identify 12 additional voting representatives for membership as described in this paragraph, with broad input from persons with HIV or at risk for HIV infection or from organizations with extensive participation of persons with HIV, organizations interested in and working on HIV and AIDS prevention and health, other community-based organizations providing HIV and AIDS services, rural health centers and the public:
(1) Four persons living with HIV/AIDS;
(2) Two representatives of populations most affected by HIV/AIDS in the State;
(3) Two providers of HIV-related prevention or social services;
(4) Two representatives of the public health community who have experience in the prevention of and the care and treatment of persons with HIV or infectious diseases; and
(5) Two persons chosen by the committee because of the positive impact the persons' expertise or experience will have on the work of the committee.
Effective 90 days following adjournment of the 126th Legislature, First Regular Session, unless otherwise indicated.