‘Sec. 1. 12 MRSA §6671, sub-§3, as amended by PL 2007, c. 494, §1, is further amended to read:
(1) Regulate or prohibit the possession of shellfish;
(2) Fix the amount of shellfish that may be taken;
(3) Provide for protection from shellfish predators;
(4) Authorize the municipal officials to open and close flats under specified conditions; and
(5) Specify areas of the intertidal zone in which the dragging of mussels may be limited to the degree necessary to support a municipal shellfish conservation program . ; and
(6) In accordance with paragraph D, prohibit harvesting any marine organism in a buffer zone around netting placed to provide for protection from shellfish predators pursuant to subparagraph (3).