|August 7th, 2023
Legislative Information Office
WELCOME TO THE LEGISLATIVE INFORMATION OFFICE
The Legislative Information Office (LIO) is a nonpartisan public information office serving the Maine Legislature and the public.The LIO is a division of the Office of the Executive Director and operates under the auspices of the Legislative Council. Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with extended hours during House and Senate sessions.
The LIO is a primary resource for information regarding the legislative process, the status of bills, committee meetings and schedules and legislative studies. The office also provides administrative support to the Legislature's joint standing committees, coordinates the public hearing process for gubernatorial nominations to boards and commissions and to state courts and produces and distributes various reports following the adjournment of each Legislative Session.
- Public accessibility accommodation requests
- General information about the Legislative process
- Information about boards, commissions and legislative studies
- Meeting and room schedules
- Status of Bills
- Various Legislative reports and publications for distribution or by request
Please send comments and questions to